Getting Ready for Bed

Getting Ready for Bed
Mommy's View of the Kids right before bed time.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13
"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance".

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting Rest.

Poor man sounds so tired. So very very tired. One can hear it in his voice.
It's soft and measured. He has to rest for awhile.

It's only the second day, and the chemo has hit him hard. He can only stay on the phone for less than a few minutes at a time before he falls asleep or before the nausea takes over, and he has to take his medications.

I encourage him to eat while he can, before the radiation side effects make eating more of a chore. But he is so tired. I worry that if he sleeps, he won't be able to get the nutrition that he needs so he can endure the hours of treatment ahead. Yet, he so obviously needs the rest. If he sleeps, he would not have a chance to treat with the oral hygiene regimen mandated during treatment.

My mind can't seem to rest. I wonder what I can do, is there anything I can do other than let him rest. But that is all I can do for now. Let him rest.

I wish my mind can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment