Getting Ready for Bed

Getting Ready for Bed
Mommy's View of the Kids right before bed time.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13
"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance".

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fro Yo

2 crazy terriers. One walks like human. One with non-ending toothy smile at the
little girls who clamor up to pet her.

Tugging and pulling. I'm being dragged everywhere. I look into windows. I look up
into the sky and see millions of stars twinkling down at me.

I go round and round the walk. Then, we stop in front of the frozen yogurt store.

mmm, should I? well, it is a perfect night for the perfect treat.

So, mint and chocolate for me. "Plain white boy vanilla" for the kids.
Jimmies on top of mine. Strawberries on top of theirs.

The boy buries his whole snout in the giant cup. He licks languorously, rapture in his eyes as he gives a low throaty purr of delight. The girl, well, she takes a few licks and turns away in dainty disgust; too sweet for her. She seeks solace and climbs onto my lap and looks longingly at my cup.

I sigh. Nothing like a perfect quiet peaceful night with the Fro and Yo dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment