Getting Ready for Bed

Getting Ready for Bed
Mommy's View of the Kids right before bed time.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13
"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance".

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Mirror

"A mirror reflects a man's face,
but what he is really like is shown by the kinds of friends he chooses".
Proverbs 27:19

Though I've been told I'm talkative and friendly by nature, I only count a very few people as my close friends. While conceptually it would be fun to be surrounded by lots of people and have numerous friends in different groups to do different activities with, I prefer the company of only a chosen special few.

This is a personal choice; like my choice in a romantic dating relationship, I feel more comfortable concentrating on one person at a time. I don't feel the need to spread myself out and vary it up on a daily/ weekly basis. For one thing, it is such work and energy to mix it up all of the time. I don't like a lot of attention from a lot of people. The attention of just one or two suffice enough for me, but it definitely has to come from one or two very special, very dear people to me.

This way, I don't spread myself too thin in returning my attention back, and I really get to know the incredible beauty of the other person's heart and soul. There is truly something so special about spending time with that one special person and that one special friend.

It is like our relationship with God; He wants that special unique relationship with each of us; He doesn't want us to be distracted or spread thin or distracted by our other relationships/friendships. He wants to be our Bestest friend in the world. And so he blesses each one of us with the gift of close friendships with a selective few.

I've been so lucky, so gosh lucky to have a few close friends with whom I can share my heart and soul to; the few who really care for me and want the best for me. The few who are there to pick me up when I'm in my deepest darkest hour. The few who will come to lend a hand when I need help. In return, I can offer my humble friendship and love back; it isn't much, I know, but it is something truly special and God given. Thank you, my dear friend. You are so beautiful. I don't think I ever tell you that as much as you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment