Getting Ready for Bed

Getting Ready for Bed
Mommy's View of the Kids right before bed time.

1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13
"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance".

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Watching

I watch in delight when you are able to savor the mouthful of real solid food.
Real asian food! Much more delectable than those life-giving liquid calories.

I watch you close your eyes and slowly swallow, I hold my breathe...
Can you do it? Can you swallow it without any trouble?
Does it taste like it is supposed to taste?

...or, does it taste all metallic--I watch your face and lips scrunching up and purse. I watch as you stick out your tongue and shake your head as you shudder the horrible taste away.

I watch you as you tell me about all your first times. Certainly, it won't be your last time, I'm thinking silently to myself. There will be so many more firsts for you; I watch you as your eyes sparkle in delight as you look off in the distance as you dream of all the things you are going to do and all the people you are promising to see. I watch you and I see the faintest hint of a smile; the first smile in a long long time.

I watch you as you speak so lovingly and warmly of your friends and family; I watch as I see the excitment build in your voice as you talk about seeing them again.

I watch to see if you see me there in the future too. I watch for a sign. Anything.
I check my watch. You say Nothing more. That is ok. I watched you experience a moment of joyful anticipation for a brief moment, and that was awesome to see.

Maybe, you'll look out for me someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment